Oxidants are free radicals. These free radicals increase in some cases;
- During the sport,
- When there are microbial infections,
- Chronic inflammatory diseases,
- Allergic conditions,
- Air pollution,
- Cigarette smoke,
- When exposed to radiation,
- When exposed to various drugs and toxic substances
Why Antioxidants Are Important?
We need additional antioxidants to remove toxins from our bodies that are harmful to our bodies. Some vitamins, minerals, polyphenols and flavonoids, which are abundantly found in the nature, especially in vegetables and fruits, meet this additional antioxidant requirement. They also allow the body to be renewed both internally and externally. When antioxidants are taken by the body through the food, they provide much more benefit when taken as a pill.
What Are the Benefits of Antioxidants?
- The main feature of antioxidants is that they strengthen the immune system.
- By helping to reduce the effects of aging, they help the body stay vigorous for longer.
- They strengthen the connective tissue.
- They prevent the skin from hanging.
- They make a smooth and wrinkle-free skin.
- They help the skin to be more elastic and soft.
- They help to preserve heart health because they provide flexibility in heart and vascular tissue.
- They are number one friends of smokers and alcohol users.
- They help organize blood circulation and work faster.
Important Information About Antioxidants
- Some experts claim that antioxidant production slows down after age 25. So, in later ages, more antioxidants need to be added to the body than usual.
- Antioxidants are not found only in vegetables and fruits. They are also found in fish oil, milk and dairy products. In addition, there are abundant antioxidants in selenium rich fish.
- Cooked vegetables and fruits decrease in antioxidant values. Therefore, steaming is the healthiest cooking method.
- There are about 20 different antioxidant in the grape skin and grape kernel.
- Foods containing antioxidants must be consumed every single day. Foods containing antioxidants must be consumed every single day. Someone who consumes 2500 calories a day, needs 11000 millimol of antioxidants.